Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Do Hard Things

I highly recommend this book: Do Hard Things, by Brett and Alex Harris.
It’s very inspiring- a must read for all teenagers. I borrowed it from a friend of mine and I just finished it.  This is not a book that you can read and forget quickly- at least not for me. It is a challenge to meet the high calling which God has placed within the reach of youth today. It’s a challenge to do hard things, not just the great but also the small.  Oh that we would reach for the highest bar of success!!


I am  trying to implement the five ‘hard’ things that this book talks about in my life.

1. Things that are outside your comfort zone (doing what’s hard for you)
2. Things that go beyond what is expected or required
3. Things that are too big to accomplish alone (big hard things:)
4. Things that don’t earn an immediate payoff (Wow!! stuff like making your bed, driving the speed limit??!! Also things like fighting sin, doing schoolwork, and obeying parents)
5. Things that challenge the cultural norm


What hard things will we do today??


You can find this book on their web site:
http://www.therebelution.com/books/

No comments:

Post a Comment