Friday, April 1, 2011

Special Day!!

So much has happened in our lives in the last couple months since I posted a real blog post. It's all gone by so fast that I have not had time to write any of it.

 Our family has grown today...well sort of...although the twins have been apart of our family for 13 months, today it is official! Many of our special friends met us at 9:00 am at the courthouse to witness the adoption.


The twins aren't sure that it feels any different to have their names changed, but they were excited! We are too! We love you James and Anna-Joy! 


 Other changes aren't so life changing, but we many of them are never-to-be forgotten memories.


Like setting up the greenhouse and getting ready to have our first market garden! After our experience at 10pm trying to set the frames up, our friends came and gave us a hand- actually many hands. Thanks gals for your help!

School seems like a faint memory as I've been on spring break for almost two weeks. I am so thankful for the Lord's continual help and guidance. It was an extremely challenging quarter for me. I learned so much and I really enjoyed all my projects, but oh, so glad to be done! I'm planning for a lighter load this quarter. Why am I saying this? I actually have no idea what is going to happen this quarter. I am trusting God to work everything out and show me where I need to focus my energies. So far, I am only in one class- history.

Classes start Monday. I'm planning to talk to some teachers and see if I can get into a chemistry class. I'm eleventh on the waiting list. 

Maybe God has a different plan for me. I got a phone call last night. Sounds like another option....we'll see... or maybe I'll be spending some serious hours in the green house:)

Lot's of changes on this little homestead. I'm a big sister of four. We're not perfect. We make lots of mistakes, but we love each other. We're learning to be a family. We've been trying to do this for over a year. We haven't mastered anything yet. Today is just one more step. 

2 comments:

  1. You did have a special day! :) What a blessing! -Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vanessa if you guys have any questions about your little greenhouse you can let me know if you want.

    ReplyDelete